Monday, August 22, 2005

bet your bottom dollar you lose the blues in....

oh, yes, you guessed it -- Chicago! wow. what a big city. I'm offically here, so it seems. I found an apartment (the first one I visited), I found a swanky receptionist job downtown (the first one I interviewed for), and everything in my new place is organized (all my furniture fits perfectly). and, as you may see, everything is going swimmingly (okay for me, since I was a lifeguard). I'm finding some cool cafes I want to check out... that is, after I earn a paycheck or two... or ten. The natural food store is actually comperable to regular grocery stores -- maybe there's just a good enough demand. I've been to the beach a few times. the beach is free. the beach is also pretty fun... I just lay there on the sand for a while, every now and then saying, "a beach. I'm on a beach." although I'm not a huge fan of melanoma, after spending 80 hours a week this summer in a warehouse selling doorknobs and a restaurant selling burritos, basking in the sun was *wonderful*.

everything is as it should be. I only foresee it getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment