Tuesday, August 30, 2005

the pool is closed

Well... so much for the "going swimmingly" part of moving to Chicago. Well, not all of it. I think the kiddie wading pool is still open, so that's at least something.

The swanky receptionist job is no more. Well, correction: the swanky receptionist job is still there, just that I am no more in it. I have NO CLUE why. Neither does my temp recruiter. I mean, really... who can't find me loveable and wonderful?!? And they missed out -- I was going to bring them cookies. Really, it's their loss.

Yesterday, I helped out at the temp agency, proving to them that I am wonderful. Tomorrow I'll be doing the same thing. Today I'm at a swanky financial and investment company downtown... manning the desk ("don't worry about the phones, they're really confusing," she said) and shredding paper.

I've hit the high life at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment