Monday, July 18, 2005

good for the sweat glands, not for the cartiledge

so yesterday was an okay day. very good in some respects, not so in others -- hence the average score of "okay". served people food on the patio for the second of my two shifts at the restaurant (that shall remain nameless to protect... um... well, I'm sure someone needs to be protected). didn't make as much money as I should have, but that happens. they were going to close the patio and send me home. they -- in this case, the managers -- then changed their minds, and I stayed a few more hours under the understanding that life is truly unfair. then I went home. the day was going to be over by 10 pm. aaahhhhhhhh.... sleep.....

ROOMIE!!!!!

that's what I heard as I walked in the door. although screaming was not the noise I wanted to hear upon arriving, at least I knew I still had a roommate. she (of course) asked if I wanted to go out with everyone... they were going latin dancing...

here comes my mistake. against my better judgement, I decided to go with them. I figured, "I'm still young, I'm working away my summer, I should have fun, I will suck it up and go out!" I knew I wouldn't get in until after 2 am (something I NEVER do, especially now as I work 80 hours a week) and I had only ten minutes to shower and get ready. The getting ready part was the least of my worries, as all the girls in apartment were impressed at my agility in the bathroom. I got to the place in one piece, and had a good time. danced a lot -- it was kind of a mexican polka, not totally sure. fun, nonetheless. all I know was that I got to work on my not-leading-the-guy-while-dancing skills. Also got a workout that makes up for me not going to the gym this weekend. The guys all paid for EVERYTHING. (that was nice of them!) the getting home after 2 am (2:37, to be precise) wasn't even all that hard, either.

The hard part was realizing that I may be getting too old for this.

Is that possible? Me, hardly past my quarter-of-my-life mark (and that does depend on my life expectancy), am too old for *dancing*? Me, who thinks getting older is pretty cool? Me, who even likes the grey hair I have coming in (as long as it comes in a nice set of streaks or something). But also me, whose knees and hips are screaming in pain as I sit in my office chair at work.

really, I just might die tonight at the restaurant. it's time to buy some ace thermal wraps for my knees. I'd get them for my hips, but I don't think that would work well. curse my roommate for her fun activities she gets me into.

the blue hair and cartons of depends are on their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment