Monday, July 11, 2005

chicago is a big city

so I discovered something this weekend: chicago is a big city.

yeah, I know. most people know this already. most of those people are city people. I am not. I realized this over the weekend. between having to grow balls on the highway in a big hurry so I could merge, to needing two people to help me parallel park, I found out how much of a child of suburbia I truly am.

"so what?" you may think. a reasonable thought, I'll admit. I will tell you "what".


this is only a situation because I'm moving there in a month.

yes, in less than a month I'll be moving there with the brilliant sivilicious and her cat. it will be good. it will be a learning experience (to say the least). I will learn to parallel park. I will learn to ride the el. (which can I tell you how glad I am to finally know it is an abbreviation for elevated! I only wish it was an acronym...) I'm sure I will learn other things that I don't even know I don't know yet. I may not even realize that I'm learning things I didn't know I didn't know, I'll just all of a sudden know them.

I hope my odds of survival are in my favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment