Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Eat Well!

Okay, so I'm NOT a fan of the web site that I've just been to. And yes, I can be crazy with my healthy habits, and I have my conspiracy theories that the FDA and USDA are funded by big business, but really ... there is no reason anyone should be allowed to read and believe some of this information.

Here is some the great wisdom found on My Pyramid (when you go there, submit your stats for your plan on the right side of the page):


"Make half your grains highly refined (or "processed"). Highly refined grains ease the digestion process by bypassing the pesky nutrient and fiber absorption step."

What? Don't eat fiber? Oh, that's a good idea. Not to mention that refined food is SO nutritious.


"Individually packaged vegetable items from exotic places around the globe are cleaner, more convenient, and keep our friends in the petroleum and petrochemical industries chugging along."

Individually packaged -- good for creating more trash. And let's all use more petroleum, shall we?


"While fruits may be eaten whole, buying canned, frozen or otherwise packaged fruit helps ensure the sterility of the fruit. Some fruits can be rather tart or tangy, so a smart way to make these more appealing to children is to select products with added sweetners."

Yeah, I can't tell you how many times I've had problems with my whole, raw apples not being sterile. And we all know children should have more sugar in their diets.


"Drink milk for healthy bones and teeth! Some "scientific studies" have claimed milk has no connection to healthy bone development. These studies, however, ignore the most obvious correlation - bones, teeth and milk are all white."

Anyone who knows me understands that I don't like pushing my semi-vegan and anti-dairy ideals on others. But *this* is good reasoning: because milk is a certain color, it's good for other parts of the body that are the same color. Is poo good for your hair if you're a brunette?


"Liver and other organ meats are high in cholesterol. Just so you know. But who eats those creepy parts anyways, right?"

Okay, I'm not a huge fan of those particular cuts of meat, either. But as far as I know, they are fairly healthy. And what about the people who eat them all the time? Let's call them creepy, too, while we're at it.


Okay. Am I really out-of-bounds here? I mean, really. I just don't get it. I'm speechless. (Well, almost.)

1 comment:

  1. the site is bogus - there is no dept of agribusiness. I think someone is trying to tarnish the "stellar" reputation of the dept of agriculture

    ReplyDelete