Monday, April 13, 2009

On the Road Again

Ah, Ohio. Home of my parents. Home of my husband's parents-in-law. Source of joy and only minor annoyances now that I don't live there anymore. We love Ohio. My husband told me a great joke when he was courting me:

"Oh yeah, Ohio is always wonderful! And Cleveland -- the best! Want to know when it looks the most beautiful? ...When you're seeing it in your rear view mirror! Badda-boom-ching! HAHAHAHAHA! ...so where are you from again? Oh, Ohio, really. ...so where in Ohio? ...near Cleveland? ... ah. Right."

Then he went on to make fun of liberal arts degrees, and found out after he finished that joke that I had a theatre degree. The poor boy had lost all hope of marrying me. But then I made some chili for him, so he figured I liked him enough to marry him anyway.

But back to the topic at hand, Ohio. It was a good time. While I talked midwifery and all that the future holds with Mom, Matt was locked in the computer room, looking at stuff like this (courtesy of Wikipedia, of course):



Well, maybe not quite like this. His stuff for his physics class was a little different. At least, I assume so. I wouldn't know the difference between this and what he was actually looking at if it hit me in the face. Although I guess I wouldn't be able to see it if it hit me in the face, that's happened before. So maybe it's better to say I wouldn't know the difference between this and Matt's homework if I had had a chance to see both items walk slowly up and down a catwalk, turning gracefully, showing me all they got. Then at least I would have a better look.

I would still have no clue.

Anyway, that was really all that happened last weekend on our trip to Ohio to see the 'rents. We ate lamb (any respectable Greek eats lamb), communed with family, watched some movies (Working Girl with Melanie Griffith - yay! - and The Saboteur, an old Hitchcock film). Mom bought us yummy chocolates and chocolate cupcakes from the lovely local bakery (that boy of mine is spoiled by two women!). I drove halfway back, and for someone who hates driving a stick shift, that sure was a painful experience in Chicago traffic. But we got back at a respectable time, and all was well.

Then Matt got back to his Physics. Blech. Four more weeks until the semester is over. Not sure which of the two of us are more excited. We'll get through.


Hope everyone's Easter was full of happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment