Thursday, November 17, 2005

Holiday Music = Perry Como

So it snowed yesterday... HOORAY!!! I like snow, especially this time of year. I'm a big fan of the holiday season. So yesterday in Chicago, when it was cold and snowy, I was happy. And I had to go home, bake cookies, and break out the Holiday music. And not some new CD of something. Oh, no... I'm talking the old RCA tape I stole from my parents that was probably made when they still had 8-tracks. Perry Como is doing his thing, and it's wonderful. However... I CAN'T FIND THE TAPE!!! I was very sad last night. I found the other tape that went along with the first, but it's not nearly as good. I'm afraid that this tape was never even recorded on CD, and I'm afraid I will never find another copy. Oh Perry Como, where are you...

Which, if you'd like to know... he lived in a small town in Pennsylvania, and in that small town (in front of the City Hall/Library/Police Station Building...yes, all in one) they have a bronze statue of him. It plays music. It's like Perry Como is still there, singing all year long (and 24 hours on Christmas). ...Ah, Meredith, the things I learned from you. And speaking of music, I'd like a copy of the "Save the People, Kill the Animals" song. But I digress.

I wish I had a statue of Perry Como in my house so I could listen to him when I bake my holiday cookies.


Well, maybe not the statue. That might just get creepy. I'm not sure how the City Hall Workers/Librarians/Police handle it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kate, honey. I'll find some Perry Como for you. At the very least, I'll drive out to Canonsburg one of these snowy holiday season days and take a picture with the old stone guy.
    Now that I know you're alive, where's your roommate?

    ReplyDelete